In order to let people get familiar with the e-voting interface of the “6.22 Civil Referendum”, the Public Opinion Programme (POP) at The University of Hong Kong, has opened mobile application platform for electronic voting since noon today, for people to try voting and also to pre-register.
Up to this moment, the system is working well, with over 3,000 registrations in the first 5 hours. There is no network or SMS jam, and those who have pre-registered successfully can skip the SMS verification process during real voting of the “6.22 Civil Referendum”, but they must use the same mobile application and identification information. Details of the mock voting are as follows:
- Time: from 1200 noon of June 13, 2014 to 2100 on June 18, 2014
- Download URL of iOS App: http://goo.gl/v04Qlf (or search PopVote on App Store)
- Download URL of Android App: http://goo.gl/pg8Sgq (or search PopVote on Play Store)
- Verification information: Full HKID number of the voter and a mobile phone number which can send SMS.
Registration and voting procedures:
1. Download and open the mobile application
3. Enter a full HKID number and a mobile phone with SMS capability
4. Send an SMS to the displayed number
5. Cast the vote and then confirm choices
1. Our website voting platform which is not a mobile application does not accept pre-registration and mock voting.
2. Electronic voting system can only be accessed by networks in Hong Kong
3. Entering the system with the same mobile application and identity does not require verification again.
4. The same HKID or mobile phone number can only be used once for voting, the system does not allow repeat voting.
5. The result of the mock voting will not be announced, they are not connected to the result of the “6.22 Civil Referendum”.
- For the Budget of 2047, I hope to see the following colour used in the book cover:
(1) Orange red like that of an egg york; (2) Bright lemon yellow;
(3) Deep navy blue; Abstention
- If that Budget cannot satisfy the demands of the general public made known well in advance, LegCo should veto it. My stance is:
LegCo should veto; LegCo should not veto; Abstention