To facilitate information search, we have already grouped all relevant survey items under the picture icon of "Opinion Data Collection for Handover Anniversary". It is a one-stop service point with statistical tables and charts for the following items:
- Popularity of the HKSAR government - including people's satisfaction with the government on the whole, as well as its performance on five policy areas
- People's ethnic identity
- People's trust in the HKSAR government
- People's trust in the Beijing central government
- People's confidence in Hong Kong's future
- People's confidence in China's future
- People's confidence in "one country, two systems"
- Social indicators - including 12 indicators covering democracy, freedom, prosperity, stability, fairness, civility, corruption-free, equality, efficiency, welfare, public order, and rule of law.
- Freedom indicators - including 10 indicators covering the freedoms of speech, press, publication, procession and demonstration, association, strike, enter or leave Hong Kong, academic research, artistic and literary creation, and religious belief.
- Legal indicators - including 3 indicators covering the rule of law, fairness of the judicial system, and the impartiality of the courts.
- Appraisal of society's current conditions - including people's concern with political, economic and social problems, and their satisfaction with current conditions.
As all findings should be self-explanatory, we do not intend to give further comments. For example, under "popularity of the HKSAR government", it should be fairly obvious from the charts that there was a plunge in satisfaction between 1997 and 1998, down to record low in 2003, and then a rapid surge in 2005. Satisfaction rate overcame dissatisfaction rate in 2005, and then fluctuated around record high in the last 12 months. All these are simple hard-fact observations. We leave it open for other people to make whatever sense out of them.